YOU CAN HELP
PREVENT POISONING ACCIDENTS
|1. Recognize the plants in your
surroundings. Know which are potentially poisonous. Purchase non-toxic plants. Keep a list
of toxic and non-toxic plants in your area.
|2. Teach children that putting leaves,
stems, flowers, seeds, berries or wild mushrooms in their mouths is dangerous.
|3. Avoid the use of "medicines" or
"teas" made from plants.
|4. Keep a bottle of Syrup of Ipecac in your
house for each child under the age of six (do not use unless instructed to do so by your
physician or the poison information center.)
|5. Keep the Poison Information Center number
1 800-282-3171 near your telephone.
|6. Call your doctor or the poison
information center as soon as the exposure occurs. If asked to go to the emergency room
take part of the plant, seeds, or berries with you.
|7. Never eat wild mushrooms and destroy
mushrooms that appear in the yard.
|8. Use non-toxic plants indoors when there
are children under the age of six.
|9. Learn more about the plants in your
~ click here to view more information ~